Want to know why sound proofing your room/closet for a home studio is essential ?
- Reduces noise/echo in all surrounding areas inside and out
- Helps the mix of audio come out more clean
- Enhances the recording process
- Keeps the neighbors from knocking at your door or complaining to the leasing office
- Creates a better quality in all performances for yourself the engineer and also the producer
If you ever wondered why ? when you go into a studio "why is there all this foam on the walls ...?"
Well that is because the main two reasons to bring about noise reduction and quality sound it can also give you a better studio feel, if you own a home studio or are looking to build one you don't have to worry anymore of where to get started, the first thing you should do is look into getting is the best equipment to bring you quality sound, such as Microphones, Speakers, Audio interface, Headphones, Camera, and last but not least Sound proofing foam.
Not to leave out you will have to see how and where the foam best fits for the design of your studio, placement is key when preparing a at home studio/ recording room. You may have also seen that closets work best for sound proofing, do to the fact that it is a small enclosed room with nothing in it and has enough space to stand or sit down. We would call a closet after a sweet redesign from adding foam to it is a "BOOTH" yes a recording booth it is no longer a closet but it is a space that you can lay your vocals nice and clear, also mentioning cozy!
If you live in a apartment residence as I do sound proofing will be very helpful, but you also want to have affordable sound proofing and to DIY(Do it yourself) Let's face it there can be expensive ways to get things done, but I'm sure your not looking for that route so I do have some product suggestions that you can get and at fair prices.
Heres a few Links to some products that are affordable and useful
The first picture link we have are 12 foam pieces that you can stick to your wall and have a nice looking and sounding home studio.
Second we have Sound proof curtains, yes indeed even having curtains that are sound proof can help unleash a better sound and feel of your musical or vocal needs.
Last but not least we have a Desktop/ Mic soundproof barrier, The price on this one is a lil bit more then the other options but the benefits from it are amazing and I'll tell you why.
- I figure if you are building a at home studio that you would be doing most of the recording by yourself....am I right? if so you would like this option because you do have to sit in front of your desktop/laptop to hit the right buttons to record and stop and do take...after take...then adding on...so why not go with the convenience of having this product/item right at your desk for better leverage. Now be mindful it does have some points of where you can add stands to the bottom of it to make it mic stand savoy.
When I started out recording I thought just surrounding my mic with soundproof would be enough until I use to just iso out the vocals for a mix and hear all kinds of environmental things going on outside my window, birds chirping, cars honking, kids playing, trains going past, it was real eventful, so I figured I'd try to get some items for the windows so the curtains are what I got and it did the job to tell you the truth.
Wait! Wait! a minute now! Don't just read this article and be like cool, I'll consider it, I need you to actually invest for the quality of your studio and if your anything like me I know you probably Watched "Hustle and Flow" and was like man them egg cartons look like they gonna do the job, I'm good with those!.... Don't do it ! It looks tacky as ever and it can make a difference but no really check out those products that I linked and when it's in your budget for an investment DO IT!
I'm Cyriljewels from Cyriljewelsbeats.com if you want to know a little bit more about me click the bio link, until next time guys thank you for reading this article if you have found it helpful leave a comment or share it with your friends or who you think can find it useful Thanks guys!